Cadence Music Group is a leading independent music company based in Toronto, Canada. With a wealth of expertise, infrastructure and business relationships, Cadence Music is uniquely positioned to maximize opportunities for artists and labels, both domestically and globally.
The Group provides a full range of services that marry music and commerce under a single umbrella. These services are provided through the following divisions:
• Cadence Music – our label imprint for artist signings
• Fontana North – our domestic and international label distribution company
• Fan Experience – North America’s leading fan engagement company
• Cadence Management – a new division representing our collective of artist managers
• Open Road Recordings – Canada’s leading country music label
• Pheromone Recordings – our boutique artist label
• Cadence Songs – our music publishing group
Cadence Music Group was founded as MapleCore Ltd. in 1999 with the vision of using the internet to create opportunities for artists in the rapidly changing music industry. Today, Cadence is at the forefront of helping artists and their partners to succeed within the new reality of the music and entertainment industry by offering them the support necessary to manage all aspects of their brand in a manner that is highly tailored to their individual needs. Past and present acts include Martha Wainwright, Cold War Kids, Daniel Lanois and Kathleen Edwards along with Gold and Platinum-certified Alabama Shakes, Radiohead, Taylor Swift, Johnny Reid, Joel Plaskett, Mac Miller and Sam Roberts. The company’s acts have received 115 awards from various academies, including 36 JUNOs and 12 Grammy awards, and have garnered more than 250 award nominations.